Cheating detection system
On Coderbyte, there are multiple forms of cheating detection:
- We detect if a candidate copy and pastes code into the code editor.
- We detect if a candidate leaves the code editor tab during an assessment.
- If you have reference search enabled, our system counts how many reference searches the candidate conducts.
- Our system runs the candidates code against our database of solutions to check for similarities.
Based on these two factors, you will see a quick cheating detection indicator on the individual assessment dashboard:
- Light copying indicates that some copy-paste was detected.
- Detected indicates that the candidates code was copy-pasted and matches some code we have in our database.
Further, on the candidate report, you can see the full extent of cheating detection: