How to analyze an Assessment candidate report
- Candidate information
- Final score and breakdown of each score across code challenges and multiple choice questions
- Plagiarism score which factors in the frequency of copy and pasting, reference searches, and leaving the tab
- Automated skill ratings and benchmarking
- Candidate scorecard and private notes
- Solutions for each challenge. If you click Expand all details, you can see the candidate's submission, any copy and pasted code, and any reference searches. Click the title of the challenge to go to the solutions page and see the test cases.
- Video recordings of the candidate solving each coding challenge
- Multiple choice questions and answers
- Open-ended or video response questions and responses
Our system monitors the editor page where a candidate is writing code to make sure they do not copy/paste from any other source. If they do, we flag it in our system and let the candidate know they should not be copy/pasting into our editor.
We show you all the pieces of code the candidate copied, and it looks something like this:
If you have reference search enabled, our editor allows candidates to search Google for programming help as they are solving a challenge. You can then see what they looked up and what links they clicked on for help. This is a great feature for recruiters and engineering managers because it allows them to see the thought process behind what the candidate was trying to do. Here is an example of how it'll look in the report:
We monitor the editor page to let you know how many times and when a candidate left the page. Because we allows candidates to perform searches directly on the page, there shouldn't be a reason they leave the page too many times.